Letters for Sunday Business may be sent to sunbiz@nytimes.com.
Number one blog for finding anything that has to do with the law. Read up on the law and know your rights. Labor Laws, Wage Laws, Contract Laws, and anything else that has to deal with justice and rights.
Sunday, May 26, 2013
Letters: Coffee Rituals at the Office
Those Caffeine Rituals To the Editor: “Coffee Rites, and the Stories They Tell” (Workstation, May 19) captured a variety of workers’ arrangements for the daily fix of caffeine. Recently, a couple of co-workers and I pooled our coffee resources — one brought a coffee maker, I brought mugs, and the third has been bringing the coffee. Oh, and I started taking the coffee grounds to a compost drop-off site. We like saving money, not creating trash with disposable paper cups, and knowing our enjoyment will live on as organic matter for somebody’s garden. But I confess to secretly stopping at the corner cart once a week because I need the connection. “Five sugars?” the proprietor teases me, because he knows I like plain black coffee. I always leave smiling — and that feels better than the caffeine. RUTH GROEBNER Sunnyside, Queens, May 19 • To the Editor: Several years ago, during a particularly challenging transition while at a nonprofit organization in Minneapolis, I worked in an off-site, windowless office where I couldn’t speak with many staff members I supervised. I was generally unhappy in a career I had always loved. My one daily treat was my six-block walk to a coffee house called Betty’s Bikes and Buns. The owner and his daytime barista became my friends, and I always looked forward to chatting with them. And my daily small skim latte kept me going through each difficult day. Now I am retired and using my kitchen latte machine — but I would probably be healthier if I had a great coffee place to walk to each day! MARIBETH HITE Lafayette, Colo., May 20
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment